Sunday, July 27, 2008

Traveling Music Mix

We're planning a camping trip that involves a six-hour car ride with four children. Most of the area we'll be traveling through is barren desert, so I'm a little bit nervous about keeping them occupied. I've started making lists of songs to make mix CDs. The first one I've compiled is for the little ones:
  • L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
  • Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts
  • Pennies from Heaven - Louis Prima
  • Shake My Sillies Out - Raffi
  • Garden Song - John Denver
  • The Grease Megamix - Olivia Newton-John
  • Rum Tum Tum - Jo Jo's Circus
  • Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Alan Jackson
  • Superstition - Stevie Wonder
  • Dela (I Know Why the Dog Howls At the Moon) - Johnny Clegg & Savuka
  • Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte
  • Rainbow Connection - Kermit The Frog
  • Crocodile Rock - Elton John
  • Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown
  • Put a Little Love In Your Heart - Mary Mary
  • Istanbul - They Might Be Giants
  • Octopus's Garden - The Beatles
  • Dancing Queen - ABBA
  • Alligator in the Elevator - Rick Charette
Thanks to the magic of iTunes, I was able to fit them all onto one disc!

2 comments:

  1. I'd add "Who let the Dogs Out" by the Baha Men.


    My boys love that song.

    ReplyDelete